Curve2 is a software program designed to simplify the IDEAlliance G7® calibration method. Inputting color measurement data, it will calculate color curves for the purpose of calibrating printing presses and other printers to the G7 calibration process.
IDEALink Curve, a joint-development between CHROMiX and HutchColor, ushered in the age of G7 calibration and helped propel it into a mainstream press calibration technique that is the basis for today's North American characterization colors in GRACoL #1, SWOP #3 and SWOP #5
Curve2 replaces IDEALink Curve software. Like IDEALink Curve, Curve2 is primarily designed for calculating G7 calibration curves, but does so with much higher precision due to completely new core algorithms.
Some of the features include:
- Quick and accurate calibration of almost any stable printing system to match the G7 NPDC (Neutral Print Density Curve) and gray balance definitions
- Calibration by the legacy TVI method to match ISO-standard TVI curves.
- Virtual Press Run module which eliminates the need to run a second press run in order to create profiling targets. (Module available at additional cost.)
- Metrics to show conformance to Neutral Print Density Curves & gray balance
- Verify whether an ink and substrate combination meets the tolerances of a printing specification such as GRACoL or SWOP, prior to calculating calibration curves.
- Output as RIP percentage values, Device Link profile, Photoshop curves.
- Detailed and expandable graphs
The official press release is here: http://www2.chromix.com/about/pressreleases.cxsa?snid=50105&pid=1.cn39
The software package can be downloaded at no charge from the CHROMiX website, but authorization codes need to be purchased before the user can run it:
Purchases can be made from participating vendors, including CHROMiX:
The P2P targets used in Curve2 are available from the Hutchcolor website:
The user manual for Curve2 can be downloaded free of charge along with the software. This pdf is freely accessible without activation codes: http://www2.chromix.com/curve2/download
There are two sets of YouTube videos explaining in detail all the functions of Curve2
Comprehensive (Full) version
The OneRun target, in combination with Curve2’s VPR (Virtual Press Run) module, makes it possible to calibrate a printer to G7, using multiple papers, and make profiles for the printer - all in one press run. The beauty here is that you only have to print one target, on one press run to do all this.
All of your papers + one target = OneRun.