The Maxwell Client makes it easy to update the Maxwell color repository with measurements and profiles. It "bridges the gap" between the web browser and your computer and uploads measurements automatically into Maxwell Tracks for immediate use anywhere in the world.
The Client directly drives / runs most of the spectrophotometers in the industry, including:
- the X-Rite iSis (original and version 2),
- i1Pro and i1IO hardware (original and version 2),
- X-Rite eXact,
- Barbieri LFP,
- Barbieri LFP qb,
- Barbieri Spectropad,
- KonicaMinolta FD9,
- More coming soon!
It can also make use of hot folders to upload measurements from other instruments. We are continually expanding Maxwell's compatibility with industry hardware and software.
The Client is a separate app that resides on the user's computer, and can:
- Drive measurement instruments for measuring control wedges, profile targets, and other color charts,
- Monitor the computer's connections to printers, displays, measurement instruments, etc.
- Gather environmental data from humidity and temperature sensors, or measuring instruments.
- Easily upload multiple measurements,
- Client system requirements
Mac OS X
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 1.6GHz G5 or better suggested. Intel supported
- 1GB RAM
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Intel or compatible CPU 2.0GHz recommended
- 1GB RAM
- For online data analysis (Maxwell)
- Safari (Mac or Windows) recent versions
- FireFox (Mac or Windows) recent versions
- Chrome (Mac or Windows) recent versions
Overview of Features
The Maxwell Client setup pane is for entering Maxwell account login information. There is also:
- A quick link for finding the Client User Manual (which you are reading right now),
- A quick link for finding the Maxwell User Manual.
Click on the Submit Feature Request / Bug Report link to send us feedback on:
- New features you would like to see in the software,
- Bugs in the system that you think we should know about.
To use custom-made targets, click the Open Target Folder link. This opens the proper folder on your operating system into which you can place the target definition files for any targets you wish to use. The Client will accept target references made by the following programs:
- ColorPort (.xml)
- MeasureTool (.txt)
- i1Profiler .txf files or .pwxf workflow files
- Barbieri Chart Generator .zip files
For more information about using Client to read custom-made targets, go to Measuring your target with the Client.
Tracks can be printers, presses, or measurement instruments which you might want to have tracked in Maxwell.
To add a new track
- Click on the plus sign in the bottom left corner of the Client.
- Browse to the device and track in Maxwell that you wish to connect to, and select it to be added to the list of Tracks in the Client.
See How to setup Maxwell to track a printer for more information on creating a track in Maxwell.
Clicking on a specific device will bring up details about:
- The name, model and serial number
- The connection status
- Recent history of files that have been uploaded for this device.
The Client automatically detects spectrophotometers and colorimeters* that are connected to your computer.
When an instrument is plugged in and connected to the Maxwell Client, an instrument record will be automatically created in Maxwell. Also, all measurements with the instrument will be tied to it in Maxwell. So if you're wondering if a failed print might be caused by the instrument you can link right to the instrument. List all the measurements it has taken, to see if the instrument might be at fault.
For those who have the MeasureWatch Verify service for an instrument, Maxwell Client will automatically configure itself for verification measurements. The instrument will also appear with the MeasureWatch Verify target symbol in the left menu. MeasureWatch Verify measurements are performed right in the instrument pane. Click on the instrument in the left menu and click “MeasureWatch Verify."
From this pane you can:
- See the name, model and serial number of the instrument.
- See the connection status.
- Perform a MeasureWatch Verify measurement (for those who have the service enabled.)
- See a recent history of files that have been uploaded for the instrument.
For tracking the temperature, relative humidity, or barometric pressure, the Maxwell Client can capture current data at the time that measurements are happening. These environmental results are uploaded with the measurement and are listed in the Color Set Details pane.
Instruments supported by Maxwell for this purpose are available for purchase at the CHROMiX ColorGear Store.
The Maxwell Client will automatically detect any local printers connected to this computer. These are usually printers that are called to print pass/fail labels or Reports.
The Maxwell Client interfaces with most of the measuring instruments in the industry. An Instruments preferences window contains settings specific to different instruments.
This is a good feature to be aware of when setting up multiple Client installations, or moving the app to a new computer.
This allows for setting the default instrument, and the default target, that will be put in place every time a new track is created.
The same can be applied to change every track that currently exists in the Maxwell Client.
If label or report printing is to be consistent for each track, that preference can be set here one time for all your tracks.
Konica Minolta FD-9
See the ColorWiki page on Techkon SDserver setup for Techkon SDserver software setup instructions.
The Update tab provides information about the version of the Client, and allows for a quick check with the CHROMiX servers to see if the current version is current.
Alternative "Operator" mode
For those who need a streamlined workflow, we offer the "Operator" mode which contains only the vital information needed for an operator to quickly upload regular measurements.
It is possible to "lock" the Client into either Operator mode or Administrative mode. See Maxwell Client Lock
*: coming soon.