Save As Lab list
- I have a list of colors defined in Lab. How can I see what a profile will do to these colors, and save a list of the new Lab values?
- Bring your color list into ColorThink Pro (it opens automatically into the Worksheet.)
- Click and drag (or use the Add button) to bring in the profile you wish to convert to.
(You may need to indicate that you wish to add a new profile to the workflow.)
- Click, drag and release your new profile onto the color list beneath. This will add the profile a second time.
- Choose the "Untitled list" drop down box at the end of the workflow, and choose Save As...
- Choose the Destination checkbox which will give you the Lab values as a result of this transform. Click OK.
The resulting text file will contain a color list of the Lab values as transformed through the profile.
Another variation on this procedure is when following a device color list through different profile transforms.
- Bring in your RGB / CMYK device list into the Worksheet,
- Click and drag to drop the first profile onto the color list. Lab values are automatically calculated.
- Click and drag the second profile onto the color list or image area. A second transform is automatically calculated.
(If the color list were to be saved at this point, the device values & Lab values would be in the wrong order for most CGATS uses.)
- In order to solve this, click and drag the second profile again onto the last color list or image area. This creates a "round trip" through the profile in the opposite direction. The device and Lab values can be saved out at this point in the correct order (ie: CMYKLab)