Maxwell ColorValet Pro Profiles
Once your targets arrive at CHROMiX, we will measure them with state-of-the-art spectrophotometers, and create printer profiles for you.
- When the profiles are finished, we upload them onto our web servers.
- The Maxwell Client has been specifically designed to check in with our web servers regularly, so when your profile is ready, the Client program on your computer will automatically download the profile into the proper location on your computer.
The Maxwell Client can be used to quickly download your profiles onto any computer. If you have multiple computers which all have occasion to use these profiles, install the Client on each of them. Sign into the Maxwell Client using your normal identification, and the program will identify which profiles we made for you are not yet on your computer, and automatically download & install them.
You will be notified with an alert window. This shows up when the Maxwell Client has found a new profile for you and has downloaded it into your computer.
For Windows users, this will be in the normal place where all profiles are stored:
For Mac users, these profiles are stored in the "user" area so that they are only accessible by the user:
- User > Library > ColorSync > Profiles
If you would like to follow the process, click on your printer icon in the left pane of the Client. The details of your printer will be shown including a history of pending profile jobs and those that are completed. A completed profile has been already been downloaded and installed onto your computer.
In order for the Maxwell Client to operate properly the following conditions are required:
- The Client needs to be ON.
- A working internet connection is maintained.
If the Maxwell Client is shut down or internet connection is lost, your profile will be accessed and downloaded the next time it is opened and internet connection is established.